the prompt words for this week:
Mirror OR Faery.
The building, reflected the city in its modern mirror-like windows, reproducing the ancient medieval walls and buildings. James wondered if it didn’t have a Dorian Grey effect on the city. Although the traffic and smog congested the entire area, somehow, the enchantment of Padua seemed to grow rather than diminish as the weeks turned became months.
He’d come reluctantly, to study, with the idea of returning home as quickly as possible. He knew now that it would be very unlikely that he’d return to his alpine village to live. Each return “home”, made him realize that he had grown out of slow-paced atmosphere of the village.
The train pulled into the station. He looked at the mirror-like building once more. Yes, maybe a Dorian Grey effect.
past and future illusions
Other Ligo Haibun Contributions:
- Faery voices (artifactsandfictions.wordpress.com)
- Ligo Haibun Challenge – Faery (summerstommy.com)
- Ligo Haibun Challenge: 08/11-14/11 (highfiveandraspberries.wordpress.com)
- Ligo Haibun Challenge-Word Prompt (paulscribbles.wordpress.com)
- Ligo Haibun Challenge – Faery (oberon73.com)
- The Faery Glen Hibun (seraphim6.me)