Using words only, take a snapshot of the experience. We’re looking forward to reading your imaginative scenes, sans photographs!
Walk into Town
The night before he’d said: “Tomorrow a walk?”
“Yes, why not, but early ok?” she replied.
It’s interesting how relative time is. For one person early is 6:00, for another it’s 9:00. They finally had their coats on and were out the door at 9:30.
The air was crisp, the sun not having tipped the mountain yet, gave its shaded light to the small village, but none of its warmth.
He’d pulled his hood up to protect his ears as they walked towards the fields, a short-cut from their village to the larger town lower in the Sarca Valley.
The icy gravel crunched under their feet. The fields were white with the early morning frost, with just a hint of the green that still resisted the first cold snap of the year. The grape vines looked like so many sacrificed skeletons tied to their poles through the fencing along the path between fields.
Most of the fruit trees no longer had any fruit or leaves they looked barren and sad, all that is except for the persimmon trees. The last of their broad leaves had fallen, but the yellow-orange fruit kept clinging to the branches. Something between modern art and a Japanese haiga. The fruit reminded them of bright-colored Christmas tree ornaments.
Frosted fields, a bit of green grass, orange persimmons and finally the golden sun that finally tipped the mountain. Ah what a perfect snapshot!
frosted morning walk
sun tips mountain top
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- It’s The End of the World as We Know It | JGTravels
- A Peaceful Sleep | A mom’s blog
- My Mac Boy is taking a power nap! | It’s Me! ksawme!
- A DPChallenge Accepted ~ I Blog For Recovery! | *Recovery Ramblins Blog Of ~ Author Catherine Lyon*
- A DP Challenge Accepted ~ I Blog For Recovery! | *Recovery Ramblins Blog Of ~ Author Catherine Lyon*
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Snapshots | newstasis
- Eggs and Stars! | Blue Loft
- Weekly writing challenge: Snapshots | MARGARET ROSE STRINGER
- Picture Perfect, Captured in Words | nessasaryboldness
- I Saw Her Face – Weekly Writing Challenge: Snapshots | Reinvention of Mama
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Snapshot | Lucid Gypsy
- separating an | y
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Snapshots | SIM | ANTICS
- Family Fire | Words on Life
- Ignore the Notifications – Go Immerse Yourself In a Book | Mod with Love
- Leaves of Joy | DIY Backyard Farm
- Snapshots from a Gym | Mary J Melange
- A Perfect Stranger | Drops of Magic
- A Moment Caught in Words | tuckedintoacorner
- EDDD 2; An Ominous Beginning, An Amazing End | THE WRITE PLACE…
- intimate portrait | coffeeandpassport
- No snapshots, no probs — Weekly Writing Challenge | Scribblings from the Bluegrass
- I Don’t Know What To Make Of This | Happy Pulse
- Snail Trails | Gnome Lover
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Snapshots, Or: Buddhism On Market Street | polymathically
- WEEKLY WRITING CHALLENGE: SNAPSHOT OF LIVING POOR | SERENDIPITY
- DP Challenge Snapshots #1 | Paint the world with words
- Mental Clutter Insults My Intelligence | Bumblepuppies
- Stealing Life | Sarah Vee
- Snapshot one | Insanitree
- of how things look | Anawnimiss
- DP Challenge – Snapshots #2 | Paint the world with words
- Solitude within Multitude | lincathleon
- Weekly writing Competition: Snapshots (sans photo) | Reflections and Nightmares- Irene A Waters (writer and memoirist)
- shotshot | Stephen Chapman
- The beauty of a sunrise | douginmalta
- Snapshot: Wahine Wednesday 37 | Wahine Wednesdays
- The Right Lighting | Charron’s Chatter
- Snapshots: Recognition | Sarah Runs a Lot
- Urban pokelogan* | wuthering bites
- A King and His Kingdom | Lead us from the Unreal to the Real
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Snapshots | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Oh Snap! | Girl On Green : Greener On The Other Side
- Caressed By A Cloud (Weekly Writing Challenge – Snapshots) | Simply Silent
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Snapshots | Indira’s Blog
- The Little Kings: Daily Post Challenge | The Two Thousands
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Snapshot | 2far2shout
- Snapshot Poem # 5 | emilykarn
- A snapshot with words: chimney covered in red | Laura’s Little Things
- Procrastinated Views | Becoming Wildfire
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Snapshots of Gold and Silver | Musings
- Sans Photos – Evelyne Holingue
- Painting a picture with words | Nothin’ But Views
- Anticipation | Perceptive Pot Clueless Kettle
- Snapshot: Words rather than a Picture (WP Challenge) | Light & Shadow
- Weekly writing challenge: “snapshots” | Azgsgirl’s Blog