Manipulate the images that we see
upon this uncommon frail and frothy sea…
So’s we’ll see the waves go down calm
during story nights ‘til the tawny dawn…
Watch white frilly boats come into port
and observe silly old gulls as they cavort
Then we’ll play and gyrate in the waves
as we listen to the public’s sweeping raves!
Manipulate the cards that we hold
so’s then we‘ll do just as we’re told
Pretending to see an ace and a deuce
we’ll go and drink our red cranberry juice
Watching the silly show upon the telly
we’ll snack off bread and black apple jelly
Imagine what their surprise will be
when we visit the orange suited nobility!
Manipulate the passport of the royal seal
so’s he can travel with great appeal
Upon the orient express to Siberia
with his good friend Marcus of Liberia
No murders will there be I’m really sure
unless there’s a dark and dastardly cur
Oh dear it’s not the orient express at all
So we’ll need another train for this long haul!
Don’t suppose you can manipulate that
Word Count: 186
MANIPULATE (transitive verb)
1: to treat or operate with or as if with the hands or by mechanical means especially in a skillful manner
2a : to manage or utilize skillfully
b : to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one’s own advantage
3: to change by artful or unfair means so as to serve one’s purpose : to doctor
• Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
• You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
• The word itself needs to be included in your response.
• You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
• Only one entry per writer.
• If your post doesn’t meet our requirements, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
• Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.
– See more at: http://www.trifectawritingchallenge.com/2014/02/trifecta-week-111.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+trifectawritingchallenge%2FIazs+%28Trifecta%29#sthash.Vf7SIKOu.dpuf