relics of my heart,
relics of a love
that should have been
that could have been …
but, the clouds shifted,
casting an ominous shadow,
on the ground …
promise of life,
died before it began,
leaving me in emptiness …
you danced blightly,
behind you …
Inspired by Speakeasy – May 11, 2014
How does Speakeasy work? Here are this week’s rules:
- Your post must be dated May 11, 2013, or later.
- Submissions must be 750 words or fewer.
- Submissions must be fiction or poetry.
- You must include the following sentence ANYWHERE in your submission: “The clouds shifted, casting an ominous shadow on the ground.”
- You must also include a reference to the media prompt.
- The speakeasy is for submissions written specifically for the grid. Please don’t submit an entry if you intend to showcase it to another blog link-up. Such posts are deleted without notice.
- Please don’t post long explanations before your post. We want your writing to be the star of the show. If you need to clarify anything, feel free to do so at the end.
- The badge for your speakeasy #161 post is found in the sidebar. Add the code to the html/text view of your post before publishing.
- And don’t forget to come back on Tuesday and add your link to the Inlinkz grid!