Hot morning dawns
Streaked pink fawn skies
Bird’s song flies down
Summer morns – beautiful to excess!
The other morning, Jen from Blog it or Lose it came up with a new form, at least it was new for me, but actually very ancient:
- 1, 2, or 3 stanzas, each with 5 lines;
- Lines 1, 2, 3, and 4 have four syllables;
- Line 5 has 5, 7, 9, or 11 syllables;
- Lines 4 and 5 have end rhyme;
- Lines 1, 2, and 3 have climbing rhyme in syllables 4, 3, and 2;
- Lines 3, 4, and 5 have climbing rhyme in syllables 4, 3, and 2;
- There is a reference to the seasons.
This has got to be about the hardest form I’ve ever tried to write! Probably with practice …. anyway I wanted to at least give it a try and I’m not very pleased with this first result, so I’ll be coming back to it. But if any of you would like to give it a go … pls ping me (and I think Jen would like to see your results too)!